Transfer Talk – Barcelona considering Arsenal’s Gabriel to bolster defense
The summer transfer window is approaching and there is a lot of gossip floating around about who is going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, business done!
TOP STORY: Barcelona eyes Gabriel from the Gunners
Arsenal centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes attracts admiring glances from Barcelona and could leave the Gunners this summer, according to Sports Diario.
Gabriel joined the north London club after leaving Lille in 2020 and has been a regular under Mikel Arteta, forming a strong defensive partnership with Ben White this season.
Barca boss Xavi Hernandez has urged his employers to make a move for the 24-year-old as he seeks to prepare for the expected departures from Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti.
Arsenal are said to be open to the move as they refresh their own defensive options, but have listed three players they would like to see come in the opposite direction as part of any deal.
Before Memphis Depayguardian neto and midfield Riqui Puig are all on the list, with Depay the preferred option, a player who would add strength to what is currently a limited strike force following the departure of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Gareth Bale will leave Real Madrid on a free transfer this summer and continue playing football, but only if Wales qualify for the World Cup, according to Dragons boss Rob Page. As cited by the Sun, the page explained that if Bale has a World Cup to prepare for, he will find a new club as it is the only tournament missing from his CV. Bale, who was on the bench for Madrid’s Champions League draw against Chelsea on Tuesday, was booed by the Madrid faithful last weekend and is set to end his stay in the Spanish capital this summer. Wales are set to play Scotland or Ukraine this summer for the chance to secure a place in Qatar.
– In the middle of all the talk about Robert Lewandowski leaving Bayern Munich at the end of the season, with Barcelona among the favorites to land the Polish striker, Bayern chief Oliver Kahn told Amazon Prime the 33-year-old was going nowhere. Lewandowski, who has scored 45 goals in 39 games this season, has so far failed to agree a contract extension which ends in June next summer. Manchester United, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid are also said to be keen on signing him if there’s a chance to land him away from Germany, but Kahn is confident the two sides can reach a deal.
– Barcelona consider move for left-back from VfB Stuttgart Borna Sosaaccording to sport. The Catalan giants want competition for the places behind Jordi Alba, and the 24-year-old, who has played 23 games for Stuttgart, could fit the bill. Sosa’s contract at Stuttgart ends in 2025 but the Croatian has a €25m release clause if the team are relegated.
– AC Milan are exploring new options ahead of the 2022-23 season and they have their eye on a sensational cross-city shot for Ivan Perisicaccording to Rudy Galetti. The 33-year-old’s contract expires next June and Internazionale are yet to extend the Croatian’s existing deal. This uncertainty has prompted Milan representatives to reach out to Perisic’s entourage in hopes of bolstering their wide options, and stealing a player from their closest rivals.
– Star of Vasco da Gama Andrei Santos is attracting interest from across Europe, with Wolverhampton Wanderers and Barcelona among the clubs trying to sign the much-loved midfielder. The 17-year-old’s contract is due to expire in August 2023 and although he has only made three appearances this season for the Rio de Janeiro side, Globo Sports reports that Santos could be heading to Europe. AC Milan, AS Monaco and Benfica are also interested, although Vasco is also keen to keep his man and offer the Brazil Under-20 international a longer contract.
Comments are closed.