Manchester United 0-0 Leeds United – LIVE BLOG: Updates as Whites face rivals in Premier League 2
Mark Jackson’s development team traveled through the Pennines for a crucial clash against the Red Devils this afternoon.
The Whites will face their old nemesis for the first time since being promoted to the top of the English academy’s football pyramid.
United’s development team enter the game in poor form, having failed to win a game since winning the EFL Trophy over Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park on September 28.
Jackson’s side pulled out of the tournament midweek at Salford City in a 5-3 loss and will look to claim a first win in five league games against Manchester United – who sit two places and two points d ahead of them in sixth place.
Follow all the latest news from Leigh Sports Village below …
Last update: Saturday 06 November 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
- Leeds U23s travel to face Manchester United in PL2 action
- Whites looking for first league win in five games
- Kick-off at Leigh Sports Village is at 12 p.m.
- ————————————————– ——–
- LIVE BLOG: Manchester United 0-0 Leeds United (first half)
9. White advances to the right. It’s Miller. He cuts a ball at the edge of the box and Greenwood tries to get there but it’s clear. Better.
7. Leeds opened with a through bullet – from nothing, really. McCarron slides to block him but fails to do so. Amad has passed and he stands in the corner. 1-0
4. Man U have dominated the ball so far, but Leeds are pushing the hosts well. Dean and Greenwood lead him forward. Not much to report otherwise – a few free kicks for the hosts.
2. The first attack of the match goes to the visitors. They descend to the left and cut inside, Moore gets up and wins the ball at the edge of the box. Good defense.
1. The teams are out … and we’re on our way to Leigh. Leeds United in blue. Manchester United in red. Updates to follow.
Glad to see Leeds fans making the trip this afternoon. Some home fans here too, although they may be a bit concerned about things at the first-team level.
With a number of players involved at first-team level, this afternoon’s Leeds side appear young.
Man United, on the other hand, look very strong – young star Amad Diallo is among their starters.