Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland will make a decision ‘soon’
The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here), and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Haaland will make his choice ‘soon’
Borussia Dortmund is pushing for Erling Haaland to make a decision on his future, with his €75m release clause just months away from activation.
The 21-year-old scored twice in the 5-1 win over Freiburg on Friday night, and in an interview with ESPN contributor Jan Aage Fjortoft after the match revealed the club were pressuring him to make a decision.
As shared by Viaplay, and translated into English, the Norwegian holder said: “For the past six months I have chosen not to say anything out of respect for Dortmund, but now the club have started to press me to make a decision, all I want , it’s playing Football.
“So that means I have to make a decision soon.”
And with Haaland’s performances this season showing no signs of slowing down, contributing 20 goals in 13 appearances, his list of contenders patiently awaiting the end of the season is unlikely to disappear anytime soon.
– ESPN+ Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Telefoot reports that Kylian Mbappe wants to wait until the end of the season to decide whether or not he will sign a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain. The Ligue 1 club don’t want to lose him for free and would like him to sign a short-term deal, but Real Madrid are still looking to tempt the 23-year-old away from Parc des Princes.
– Ekrem Konour reveals West Ham United keen to acquire Ludovic Ajorque. The 27-year-old Strasbourg striker has found himself on several team radars this season, with his impressive Ligue 1 form conjuring up 10 goals and six assists in 17 games. West Ham may have to offer a significant fee to persuade Strasbourg to release their key leader in a season where they are targeting European qualification.
– Palmeiras has advanced its approach to Bayer Leverkusen striker Lucas Alario, according to Ekrem Konour. The 29-year-old has mostly been on the bench this season, coming on as a substitute 11 times in Bundesliga games, while starting just once. But after previous success with River Plate, he could now be set for a return to South America with Copa Libertadores champions Palmeiras looking to strengthen his forward line.
– The Portland Timbers continue their movements on the transfer market, and Caesar Luis Merlo writes that they are ready to advance negotiations for David Ayala. The 19-year-old midfielder joined the Estudiantes first team in recent months and has also represented Argentina at the youth level.
– Sampdoria are advancing fast in the January window and have overtaken Genoa in the race for Roberto Piccoli, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. It is reported that the Serie A club are now the favorites to land the much-requested 20-year-old Atalanta striker. And Sampdoria are also working hard to secure a second transfer: Internazionale midfielder Stefano Sensi, who has struggled for regular minutes this season, with the 26-year-old starting just one game for the Nerazzurri.